FUNCTIONAL TESTING and BOUNDARY SCAN
Both individual testing methods, but when combined, it forms one of the fastest, and most efficient testing methodology available today to test Printed Circuit Boards (PCB). In medium to high end complexity PCB’s, these two methods are applied in the following ways:
- Functional testing: Used to confirm the proper operation of the boards and according to design specifications.
- Boundary scan: Implemented at the component level, verifying proper interconnection as well as proper behavior of those devices.
Testlinx offers products in both functional testing (J-Testr) and boundary scan test, providing independent solutions, or combining both to suit the users needs. The J-Testr could also be customized to work with any boundary scan providers.
FAST and EFFICIENT
This integrated testing approach allows:
- Shorter Test Execution Time: Boundary Scan and Functional Test sequences are executed in parallel.
- Shorter Test Process Time: A single workstation, preventing the necessity of moving the DUT from functional tester to boundary scan / ICT tester.
- Quick Tester Integration: Provides all the necessary add-on cards to create a comprehensive test environment, without the need to resort to the complexity of integrating various systems from different manufacturers
- Quick Tester Deployment: Controlled using the same boundary scan software tools used to implement boundary scan testing, providing a single platform and a single programming language in test development.
- Fast Fault Detection and Accuracy: The complementing test methodology allows faster fault detection and diagnosis